Insert dynamic test object
You can also insert dynamic test objects by using Insert Dynamic Test Object. The hierarchy of a test object in the object map represents the order of search of the particular control during playback. Over a series of application changes, the hierarchy of the objects may change if new objects are introduced in the test application. This results in a playback failure. Using dynamic test objects you can anchor a test object as a descendant to its parent.
To insert a dynamic test object:
- From the test object map menu, click Applications > Run to open the Select an Application dialog box.
- In the Application Name field, select the application that contains the controls you want to test and click OK.
- In the Test Object Map toolbar, click Test Object > Insert Dynamic Test Object . Functional Tester opens the Object Map dialog box.
- On the Select an Object page, click the Object Finder icon and drag it into the application over the object you want to add to the test object map. For other methods of selecting objects, see Select an Object.
- Click Next.
- In the Add Dynamic Test Object dialog box, select Anchor to Selected Parent. By selecting Anchor to Selected Parent, you are making the new object a descendant of its parent. You can now search for the object dynamically, anchoring to the parent. You can edit the recognition properties by double clicking on the object properties.
- Select the object that you want to insert and click Finish.
To convert an existing mapped object to a dynamic object, right-click in the test object map and click Convert To Dynamic Test Object . The Administrative property displays an additional descriptionobject property. To convert a dynamic test object to a mapped test object, set the descriptionobject property to false. However, ensure that the test object is a mappable child of its parent.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Add dynamic test object
Convert dynamic test object