Add a test object to an object map and a script
Functional Tester enables you to add a test object to an object map and a script at the same time.
To add a test object to an object map and a script:
- Start the application that contains the controls you want to test.
- In the script, position the cursor where you want to add the test object.
- In the Functional Tester toolbar, click the Insert Test Object into Active Functional Tester Script button . Functional Tester opens the Select an Object dialog box .
- Click the Object Finder icon and drag it to the application over the object that you want to add to the object map and the script.
- Click Finish. Functional Tester inserts the object at the cursor location in the script and displays a list of possible methods for the object. Functional Tester also adds the object to the test object map associated with the script.
- Double-click the method you want to use.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Select an Object page of the Insert a GUI Object into the Object Map wizard
Select Object Options page of the Insert GUI Object into the Object Map wizard