Add test objects to a script
You use the test object map to include an object in one or more scripts. As part of the procedure, Functional Tester displays a list of possible methods for the object and you can choose the one you want to use for the test object.
To include an object in one or more scripts:
- Open the test object map.
- To add test objects to multiple scripts:
- Click Test Object > Associated Scripts.
- In the Associated Scripts dialog box, select the scripts you want to add the test object to and click OK.
- In the Test Object Map, select the test object you want to include in the scripts.
- On the Test Object Map toolbar, click the Test Object: Add to Script button .
Functional Tester places the selected object in the Script Explorer. If you use ClearCase®, Functional Tester checks out the scripts as unreserved and leaves them checked out.
- Position the cursor in the script where you want to add the object.
- In the Script Explorer, right-click the object you want to reference in the script and click Insert at Cursor. Functional Tester displays a list of possible methods for the object.
- Double-click the method you want to use. Functional Tester inserts the object and the selected method into the script at the cursor location.
Repeat steps 2 through 8 for each test object you want to include in the scripts.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application