Create a new test object map
You can create a customized, shared test object map that you can associate with scripts.
Before you begin
To create a new test object map:
- Click the Create a Test Object Map button to open the Create New Test Object Map wizard.
- Type or select the project path, if necessary.
- On the Create a Test Object Map page, type the name of the new test object map in the Map name field.
- If you use ClearCase®, click Add the map to ClearCase if you want to put the test object map under source control. The map is added to ClearCase but remains checked out so that you can modify it.
- To designate the new map as the project default, click Set this Test Object Map as default choice for new scripts. Functional Tester uses this test object map whenever you record or create a new script.
Tip: To remove the default designation:
- Right-click the test object map in the Projects view and click Clear As Project Default.
- You can also designate a default test object map by right-clicking the test object map in the Projects view and clicking Set as Project Default.
- Click Next.
- In the Copy Test Objects to New Test Object Map page, select the type of test object map you want to create:
Functional Tester merges test objects from the maps and selected scripts into the test object map. You can add objects to the map or edit the object properties in the object map if required.
- To create an empty test object map with no objects, click Don't copy any Test Objects and click Finish.
- To create a map using one or more existing test object maps as a template:
- Click Select Test Object Maps and scripts to copy Test Objects from.
- Select one or more test object maps to base the new map on. To select multiple maps and scripts, use Ctrl keys.
- To connect the new test object map with any scripts you have selected, select Connect selected scripts with new Test Object Map. With this option, Functional Test updates the selected scripts to point to the newly merged test object map. If you use ClearCase, Functional Tester checks out the scripts and test object maps as unreserved and leaves them checked out after the merge is complete.
- Click Finish.
What to do next
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Create a New Test Object Map wizard
Copy Test Objects to New Test Object Map wizard page