Unifying two test objects
If an object in the application-under-test changes, a test object map may have two map objects that describe the same object. You can combine these objects into a single map object. When you unify two objects, Functional Test updates scripts.
You can modify recognition information for an outdated object by including the new, similar object in the test object map. After you add the newer object to the test object map, you can combine the outdated object (the source object) with the newer object (the target object) and unify their test object properties.
To combine (unify) two test objects in the map and update all scripts that reference the object:
- In the test object map, select the old object, click Test Object > Source Object to Unify .
- Now select the new object and click Test Object > Target Object to Unify . Functional Tester opens the Unify Test Objects dialog box, which lists Recognition and Administrative Properties for the unified test object for both the source and the target objects.
You can also drag and drop the older object to the newer object. Drag the object you want to replace, to the substitution.
- Make any necessary modifications to the Unified Test Object Properties. For example, to include any of the source test object properties in the unified test object properties, double-click the source property. You can also copy from the source or target to the unified test object properties.
- Do one of the following:
- To display the second page of the Unify Test Objects dialog and a list of all the scripts that reference the test object, which are affected by this change, click Next.
- To delete the source object and change all references to the target object, click Finish.
- To close the Unify Test Objects dialog box without performing the associated updates, click Cancel.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Unify Test Objects dialog box
Unify Test Objects dialog box -- page 2