Add objects to a test object map
When you add an object to a test object map, you can choose to add just the selected object, include the children of the immediate parent, or include all the visible controls in the current window.
To add objects to a test object map:
- From the test object map menu, click Applications > Run to open the Select an Application dialog box.
- In the Application Name field, select the application that contains the controls you want to test and click OK.
- In the Test Object Map toolbar, click the Test Object: Insert Object(s) button . Functional Tester opens the Insert a GUI Object into the Object Map dialog box.
- On the Select an Object page, click the Object Finder icon and drag it into the application over the object you want to add to the test object map. For other methods of selecting objects, see Select an Object.
- On the Select Object Options page , select one of the following options:
- Just the selected object -- Select to include only the control you selected in the test object map.
- Include the siblings of the selected object -- Select to include children of the immediate parent.
- Include all available objects on this window -- Select to include in the test object map all the visible controls in the current window.
- Click Finish. If necessary, repeat the procedure to include other controls.
- Click the Save button to save the test object map.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Renaming a test asset
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Select an Object page of the Insert a GUI Object into the Object Map wizard
Select Object Options page of the Insert GUI Object into the Object Map wizard