Renaming a test asset
You can rename simplified test scripts, Java test scripts, test object maps, or other files in a project.
When you rename a script, Functional Tester renames all its related files, such as the helper script files, the private object map, and any verification point files. When you rename a test object map, Functional Tester updates associated scripts with the new name.
To rename a functional test asset:
- You need to change any callScript commands in scripts that reference the old script name; otherwise, Functional Tester logs an error when you run those scripts.
- If you use Rational ClearCase® for source control of your scripts and test assets, when you rename the script or test asset, ClearCase maintains the history with the renamed file.
- For Functional Tester, Java Scripting, a Rename command is available in the Navigator view that is part of the Eclipse Workbench. This Rename command only renames an individual file, not the collection of files that makes up a Functional Tester script. Therefore, we recommend that you do not use the Rename command in the Navigator view to modify any Functional Tester project assets.
- From the Functional Test Projects view, right-click a script or test asset.
- Click Rename.
- Type the new test asset name in the New name box, and click Finish.
If you rename a simplified script, the associated Java script is also renamed.
Test object maps
New test objects in an object map
Searching for objects in a test object map
Create and using a test object map to test applications
Create a new test object map
Merging multiple test object maps
Add objects to a test object map
Insert dynamic test object
Converting dynamic test object
Use ClearCase with test object maps
Add a test object to an object map and a script
Editing object properties
Displaying associated scripts
Renewing a name in associated script(s)
Resetting object names to the default names in associated script(s)
Add test objects to a script
Add test object descriptions
Editing test object descriptions
Delete test objects from an object map
Unifying two test objects
Maintaining a test object map
Update recognition properties
Delete a test object map
Locating a test object in the application
Rename dialog box