IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Server Activity Display - active requests
The Active Requests tab displays thread data for an application server at a specific point in time.
Data in this section is constantly fluctuating. Active requests display a snapshot of the data at a specific point in time. As a result, requests can be completed and disappear from the display on refresh, or by the time you drill down.
Open the Server Activity Display (active requests) page:
- From the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Server Activity Display
- Select a group and a server from the list box. If you have come to this page directly from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal, the group name and server name display automatically.
The Active Requests tab has three main sections
- Server Information
- Recent Activity (Last Minute)
- Active Requests (In JVM Memory Now)
Server Information provides details relating to the server. It also has a toolbox icon . You can click this toolbox icon to access direct links to the following features. The feature you select displays information specific to the group sever and server name you select.
- JVM Display
- System Resources
- Monitoring On Demand
- Data Collector Profiles
- Trap and Alert Management
Recent Activity (Last Minute) displays the following features. You can click a link to create a Recent Activity Report for the item you want to select.
- JVM CPU
- JVM Heap Size (MB)
- # of Requests
- # of live Sessions
- Average Response Time (MS)
Active Requests (In JVM Memory Now) you can use this section of the page to view information about thread types and to view request details.
Filter the active requests data:
- You can filter active request by selecting the options available on the Thread Type and Thread Status drop-down menus.
- Click Thread Type, select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- Click Thread Status, select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- Click Refresh. The active requests data displays based on the selected filter.
Sort the active requests data:
- Click a heading link:
- Client Requests
- Client Requests Start
- Thread ID
- Resident Time (ms)
- Accumulated CPU (ms)
- Idle Time (ms)
- Thread Status
- Last Known Class
- Last Known Method
- Last Known Action
- User ID
The data refreshes sorted by the selected heading.
- Click the heading link a second time to invert the sorting.
To view request detail, click the link in the Client Requests column. From the request detail view, you can investigate further details, suspend and reactivate the request thread, and change its priority.
Parent topic:Server Activity Display
Activate a thread
Cancel a request
Server Activity Display - recent requests
View the request detail