Sharing a project
If you use ClearCase®, create the Functional Tester project in a ClearCase snapshot or dynamic view to share a project.
A snapshot view contains copies of ClearCase versions and other file system objects in a directory tree. A dynamic view is always current with the VOB. Dynamic views use, create, and maintain a directory tree that contains versions of VOB elements and view-private files.
You can add the project to ClearCase after you create a project, as long as you create the project in a ClearCase view. To share a project move the project to a ClearCase view and then add the project to source control.
If you move a Functional Tester project associated with a Rational project to another location, the TestManager test script source associated with the moved Functional Tester project no longer has the correct test script source location. So you cannot play back Functional Tester scripts, test cases that include Functional Tester scripts, or suites that include Functional Test scripts from TestManager after you move a Functional Tester project associated with a Rational project.
To share a Rational project created with Rational TestManager, with your testing team:
- If you use TestManager, use the Rational Administrator to create a Rational Project. See Create a Rational Project.
- Create a Functional Tester project.
- In the Functional Tester Projects view, right-click a new project, and then click Team > Share Project.
- In the Configure the project for ClearCase dialog box, click Browse to choose a directory that is in a ClearCase VOB, and then click Finish.
- In the Functional Tester Projects view, right-click the project, and then click Team > Add to Source Control.
- Add all files and scripts, or only the project to ClearCase:
Functional test projects and Rational projects
Software configuration management
Support for geographically-distributed project teams
Create a Rational project
Associating a functional test project with a Rational project
Disassociating a Functional Test project from a Rational project
Add an element to source control
Checking out an element
Editing an element
Checking in an element
Undoing a checkout
Source control icons