Checking in an element
If you use ClearCase® for source control management, you need to check in a script to create a new version of a file.
Before you begin
You can check in one or more directories, scripts, or the contents of a folder. You can also merge files, if needed, when you check in an element.
To check in an element:
- From the Functional Tester Projects view, right-click one or more checked-out projects, directories, or scripts, and then click Team > Check In.
- Under the Check In column, clear the check box of any element that you do not want to check in.
If you see the not ready symbol (
) in the State column, you cannot check in an element. When you select the element, you see an explanation of the problem.
- To check in your changes, but keep the file checked out to continue to work on it, select Keep checked out.
- Under Comments, type the comments that describe the changes.
To apply a comment to one or more files, select the check box in the Check In column under Selected Elements for the appropriate files, type a comment, and then click Apply.
- To check in all files and use the same comment for all files, click Finish.
- If you check in an element and a later version of this element already exists and is different than your element, you are prompted to merge.
What to do next
Software configuration management
Support for geographically-distributed project teams
Sharing a project
Add an element to source control
Checking out an element
Editing an element
Undoing a checkout
Source control icons