Install a fix pack in silent modeSilently install a fix pack to update IBM Connections.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest fix pack. See the Downloading fixes topic for more information.
- Create a response file for this task by running a simulated modification. For more information, see the Create a response file topic.
Note: Instead of generating a new response file, you can edit the default response file that is provided with the product. If you use the default response file, you need to add a encrypted password to the response file:
- Open a command prompt and change to the <Lotus_Connections_setup>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/<OS> directory, where <OS> is your operating system.
- Run the following command:
- AIX or Linux : IBMIM -silent -noSplash -encryptString <Password>
- Windows : IBMIMc.exe -silent -noSplash -encryptString <Password>
where <Password> is your password.
- Add the encrypted password to the relevant line in the LC_update.rsp response file. You usually need to enter passwords for both the WAS administrator and the database user. For example:
<data key='user.activities.adminuser.password' value='<encrypted_password>'/>
<data key='user.activities.dbUserPassword value='<encrypted_password>'/>
where <encrypted_password> is the value generated by the command.
You might also need to change the default WAS administrator name from wasadmin, if different from your administrator name.
- Repeat these steps for each unique password.
If an error occurs during installation, IBM Installation Manager cancels the installation and rolls back the installation files. Installation errors are usually caused by environment problems such as insufficient disk space, privilege issues, or corruption of a WebSphere profile. If your installation is cancelled...
- Identify and resolve the error that caused the cancellation. After cancelling the installation, IBM Installation Manager displays an error message with an error code. You can look up the error code in the Installation error messages topic or check the log files.
- Start this task again.
About this taskA silent update uses a response file to automate the installation of a fix pack.
Note: To change the paths to the response file and log file, edit the generate_other_responsefile.sh|bat file.
To perform a silent update...
- Stop all clusters in your deployment. Leave the dmgr and node agents running during the fix pack installation.
- Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root directory.
- Run the following command:
- AIX or Linux: ./IBMIM --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input lotus_connections_root/silentResponseFile/LC_update.rsp -log ./update.log
- Windows: IBMIMc.exe --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input lotus_connections_root\silentResponseFile\LC_update.rsp -log .\update.log
Note: If you stored the response file in a location that is different from the default location, change the path in the command to point to the file.
- When the installation is complete, synchronize all the nodes and restart all the clusters.
What to do nextCheck the update.log file for errors and repeat this task if necessary.
Parent topicInstall fix packs
Install a fix pack in interactive mode
Create a response file
Installation error messages
August 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM
Aug 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM 1