Install fix packsInstall fix packs with the IBM Installation Manager.
Fix packs contain multiple interim fixes for your IBM Connections installation.
You must use the IBM Installation Manager to install fix packs.
PrerequisitesEnsure that you have met the following prerequisites:
- You have backed up your files
- You have downloaded the latest fix pack. See the Downloading fixes topic for more information.
Parent topicUpdate IBM Connections 3.0.1
Install interim fixes
Update IBM Connections 3.0.1
Setting the WAS_HOME environment variable
Install fixes as a non-root user
August 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM
Aug 5, 2011 12:18:46 PM 1 Submitted by Jing Yao on Feb 16, 2012 9:42:52 PM
Re: Installing fix packs
Should specify what files need to be backed up:
1. IM's data files
AIX or Linux (root user): /var/ibm/InstallationManager
AIX or Linux (non-root user): /home/
/var/ibm/Installation Manager where is the non-root user name
Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager
Windows Server 2008 64-bit: C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager
2. Create a back-up copy of the WAS dmgr profile directory: profile_root/Dmgr01. For example: D:\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\dmgr.
3. Back up your IBM Connections deployment.
3.1 Create a back-up copy of the IBM Connections installation directory: lotus_connections_root.
3.2 Create a back-up copy of the WAS profile directory: profile_root
Note: If IBM Connections applications are deployed on separate profiles, archive each profile.
3.3 Create a back-up copy of the profileRegistry.xml file, located under app_server_root/properties.
4. Back up any customized configuration files. For more information, see the Saving your customizations topic.