Create a response fileUse a response file to install, modify, update, or uninstall IBM Connections without user interaction.
Before you begin
You can create a response file using IBM Installation Manager or by editing the file that is provided with the product. For more information about editing the file, see the topic: The default response file.
Ensure that IBM Installation Manager is installed. For more information, see the Install IBM Connections 3.0.1 topic.
To ensure that the response file captures the details of your SSL certificates, start IBM WAS.
The default location of the new response file is the lotus_connections_root/silentResponseFile directory. To specify a different location, edit the generate_install_responsefile.bat|sh file or generate_other_responsefile.bat|sh file, depending on the task that you want to perform.
Instead of creating your own response file, you can edit the file that is provided with the product. However, this default file is applicable only for installation. It is located in the <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/LotusConnections directory.
About this task
This task describes the procedure to generate a response file for the following procedures:
- Install IBM Connections
- Modify an existing installation by adding or removing IBM Connections applications
- Update an existing installation by installing a fix pack
- Roll back an update
- Uninstall IBM Connections
In each scenario, you can run a simulated instance of the IBM Installation Manager and record your input to a response file. Later, you can run a silent command that uses this response file as an input parameter.
To create a response file...
- Ensure that the <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/<OS>/skip directory is has write access, where <Lotus_Connections_set-up> is the directory or media where the IBM Connections installation files are located, and<OS> represents your operating system.
- Start the IBM Installation Manager by running the appropriate response file for your operating system:
- To install IBM Connections, run the following script:
- AIX: <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/aix/generate_install_responsefile.sh
- Linux: <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/linux/generate_install_responsefile.sh
- Linux on System z : <Lotus_Connections set-up>/Lotus_Connections_Install_s390/IM/zlinux/generate_install_responsefile.sh
- Microsoft Windows:<Lotus_Connections_set-up>\Lotus_Connections_install\IM\windows\generate_install_responsefile.bat
- To modify, update, roll back, or uninstall IBM Connections, run the following script:
Note: The response files for modifying, updating, rolling back, and uninstalling are based on the response file for installation. Before you create a response file for any of those procedures, first run the silent installation procedure.
- AIX: <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/aix/generate_other_responsefile.sh
- Linux: <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/linux/generate_other_responsefile.sh
- Linux on System z: <Lotus_Connections set-up>/Lotus_Connections_Install_s390/IM/zlinux/generate_other_responsefile.sh
- Enter the required information in the IBM Installation Manager.
- To install a new deployment, click Install and enter the required information as if you were installing the product.
- To modify an existing installation, click Modify and enter the required information.
- To add applications, select the applications that you want to add in the Application Selection pane.
Note: Ensure that all the currently installed applications are also selected.
- To remove applications, clear the check boxes of the applications that you want to remove in the Application Selection pane.
- To update an existing installation, click Update and enter the required information.
- To roll back an update, click Update and enter the required information
- To uninstall IBM Connections, click Uninstall and enter the required information.
- Confirm that the new response file has been saved. to The default name of the response file is:
When you run a silent installation, the response file is stored in the <Lotus_Connections_set-up>/Lotus_Connections_install/LotusConnections directory, unless you specified a different file path.
When you run a silent Modify, Update, Rollback or Uninstall, the response file is stored in the lotus_connections_root/silentResponseFile directory, unless you specified a different file path.
Response files on Windows:
Modify - Add
Modify - Remove
Response files on AIX or Linux:
Modify - Add
Modify - Remove
What to do next
Use the response file to silently install, modify, update, roll back, or uninstall IBM Connections.
Parent topicInstall silently
Use the default response file
Install in silent mode
Uninstall in silent mode
Add applications in silent mode
Remove applications in silent mode
The default response file
September 7, 2011 8:41:15 AM
Sep 7, 2011 8:41:15 AM Replaced reference to the LC_linux.rsp file with LC.rsp. 1