Enable application visuals
You can enable the application visuals feature so that IBM IBM Rational Functional Tester captures the application controls and their properties during recording. You can also specify whether the verification points or data-driven command feature in the application visuals must be enabled so that you can insert those elements into the script using the application visuals without opening the test application.
Before you beginPrerequisite: The simplified scripting feature must be enabled. The application visuals feature is not available for Java scripting.
To enable the application visuals feature:
- Click Window > Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click Functional Test > Simplified Scripting > Application Visuals.
- Select Enable Application Visuals. By default, this feature is enabled with the simplified scripting.
- Optional: You can enable the following application visuals option so that you can insert verification points and data driven commands into the script using application visuals:
- Select Insert Data Driven Commands to insert the data-driven commands into the script from application visuals.
- Select Show Verification Point Dialog to use the verification point wizard while inserting the data verification points into the script using application visuals.
- Select Enable capturing of verification on test data to insert verification points into the test script using application visuals.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Work with application visuals
Insert an application control into the script by using an application visual
Update the application visuals in the Application view
Insert a data verification point into a script by using an application visual
Insert an image verification point into a script by using an application visual
Create group verification points
Editing a simplified script
Insert data-driven commands into a script by using an application visual
Simplified Scripting preference page
Application Visuals preference page