Update the application visuals in the Application view
The application visuals are captured when you record simplified scripts. If the test application is changed after you record the script, you can update the current application visuals with updated visuals from the test application.
Before you beginPrerequisite: The required window or the user interface of the test application must be opened.
To update an application visual:
- Select the test line in the script editor that refers to the required application visual of the test application. The application visual is displayed in the Application view.
- Right-click the application visual, and click Update Visual.
- On the Select an Object wizard page, click the Object Finder () and drag it into the application over the control to add to the Application view. For other methods of selecting objects, see Select an Object.
- On the Update Visual Objects page, all the application visuals that are captured from the selected window or user interface are displayed. Select the visual object to update from the list.
- Click Finish. The application visual in the Application view is updated with the application visual from the test application.
Work with application visuals
Enable application visuals
Insert an application control into the script by using an application visual
Insert a data verification point into a script by using an application visual
Insert an image verification point into a script by using an application visual
Create group verification points
Editing a simplified script
Insert data-driven commands into a script by using an application visual