Insert data-driven commands into a script by using an application visual
You can add data-driven commands to the script by using an application visual.
Before you beginPrerequisite: To use the application visuals for inserting data-drive commands into a script, the Insert Data Driven Commands feature must be enabled in the Preferences page before recording the script.
To insert a data-driven command into the script by using an application visual:
- Select the test line in the script editor that refers to the required application visual of the test application. The application visual that contains the control is displayed.
The thumbnail pane in the Application view displays images of all the application visuals that are captured for the project. You can select the required application visual image in the thumbnail pane and view the application visual in the Application view.
- In the Application view, move the mouse pointer over the control to use for the data-driven command. By default, the control is highlighted in red.
- Right-click and select Insert Data Driven Command. The data driven command for the control is inserted into the test script. You can drag the test line in the script editor to arrange the test lines in the required sequence for playback.
- In the Test Datapool view, add the data for the control.
- Click File > Save to save the modified test script. During script playback, the data for the control is retrieved from the datapool.
Work with application visuals
Enable application visuals
Insert an application control into the script by using an application visual
Update the application visuals in the Application view
Insert a data verification point into a script by using an application visual
Insert an image verification point into a script by using an application visual
Create group verification points
Editing a simplified script