Integrate Functional Tester with CQTM
You can integrate Functional Tester with ClearQuest Test Manager. You can associate functional test scripts to configured test cases, and execute them. Using ClearQuest Test Manager, you can analyze the received execution results (logs), and record those results for reporting and analysis. Integration of Functional Tester and ClearQuest Test Manager requires IBM Rational Agent Controller (RAC).
Before you begin, verify the following software is installed:
- Rational ClearQuest
- Rational Functional Tester installed on any computer from and on which the Functional Tester script is executed
- Computers used for Functional Tester scripts execution must have read/write permissions for the shared location where the Functional Tester project resides
- A ClearQuest schema with ClearQuest test management package applied on it
- Application and respective environment should be configured on the computer from and on which the Functional Tester script is executed.
- All the configuration regarding RAC should be done on both master and remote machines.
- Set up IBM Rational Agent Controller for Functional Tester execution from ClearQuest Test Manager
For execution of Functional Tester scripts from ClearQuest TestManager , the IBM Rational Agent Controller (RAC) must be configured and run manually. The configuration is required on the agent computer on which Functional Tester scripts will be executed. RAC must be configured to accept execution requests from ClearQuest Test Manager clients.
- Set up the ClearQuest Test Manager environment
The ClearQuest Test Manager environment that represents attributes that define the testing environment has to be setup to associate the Functional Tester scripts with ClearQuest Test Manager.
- Integrate Functional Tester stand-alone with ClearQuest Test Manager
The Functional Tester scripts are integrated with ClearQuest Test Manager after setting the RAC and test assets such as test plans and configured test cases.
- Add the Rational ClearQuest Test Manager perspective to Rational Functional Tester
Functional Tester is integrated with ClearQuest® Rational ClearQuest Test Manager, which enables you to play back a functional test script from ClearQuest Test Manager, generate logs, and track defects. With ClearQuest Test Manager integration, you can associate functional test scripts to Test Cases and Configured Test Cases, and execute them. With ClearQuest Test Manager you can also analyze the received execution results (logs), and record those results for reporting and analysis.