General product information
There are a number of self-help information resources and tools to help you troubleshoot problems.
When there is a problem with your product, you can:
- Refer to the release information for your product for known issues, workarounds, and troubleshooting information.
- Check if a download or fix is available to resolve your problem.
- Search the available knowledge bases to see if the resolution to your problem is already documented.
If you still need help, contact IBM Software Support and report your problem.
Additional support resources
Effective troubleshooting requires that you have ready access to external information, tools to gather internal information, and communication channels to exchange information with support teams. IBM provides you with support resources and tools to build a robust and efficient troubleshooting environment:
For information about these and more support resources and tools, visit the Support Resources page on the IBM Web site at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/supportresources.html
- IBM Software Support Toolbar: Predefined links to the most useful software support information for IBM brands in addition to powerful search capabilities.
- IBM Education Assistant: Collection of multimedia educational modules designed to help you gain a better understanding of IBM software products and use them more effectively to meet your business requirements.
- IBM Support Assistant: Downloadable serviceability workbench to research, analyze, and resolve problems using various support features and tools.
- Online Service Request: Online problem management to open, edit and track open and closed Problem Management Records (PMRs) by customer number.
- Troubleshooting process overview
Troubleshooting is the process of finding and eliminating the cause of a problem. Whenever you have a problem with your IBM software, the troubleshooting process begins as soon as you ask yourself what happened?
- Accessing release information
The download document for a product release contains information, or links to information, specific to the release, including new features, known problems and workarounds, and troubleshooting information.
- Searching knowledge bases
If you have a problem with your IBM software, search the available knowledge bases to determine whether your problem is known, has a workaround, or if it is already resolved and documented.
- Get fixes
A product fix might be available to resolve your problem. You need to determine what fixes and other updates are available and install them appropriately.
- IBM Support Assistant
IBM Support Assistant is a free troubleshooting application that helps you research, analyze, and resolve problems using various support features and tools. The Support Assistant enables you to find solutions yourself using the same troubleshooting techniques used by IBM Support, and allows you to easily organize and transfer your troubleshooting efforts between team members or to IBM for further support.
- Contacting IBM Software Support
If the self-help resources have not provided a resolution to your problem, you can contact IBM Software Support. IBM Software Support provides assistance in resolving product issues.
- Subscribing to Support updates
To receive automatic updates when IBM publishes new support content for your products, including information about new releases, fixes, technotes, APARs, and support flashes, subscribe to weekly e-mail updates or RSS feeds.
- Registering on the IBM Software Support Web site
You must be a registered user on the IBM Software Support Web site to perform downloads and to submit a problem online to IBM Software Support.