Searching knowledge bases
If you have a problem with your IBM software, search the available knowledge bases to determine whether your problem is known, has a workaround, or if it is already resolved and documented.
The following knowledge bases can provide information for your product:
- Product information centers: IBM provides extensive documentation in the form of online information centers. Information centers provide quick access to product information, and are updated regularly. Information centers can be viewed from the IBM Web site.
- IBM Software Support Web site: IBM documents known problems and workarounds as individual technotes on its Support Web site. Reports on defects submitted by customers are published as Authorized Program Analysis Reports (APARs) on the Support Web site.
- IBM developerWorks : Technical resource for developers and administrators, with product-specific zones that provide product trials and downloads, how-to articles, tutorials, white papers, technical forums, industry news, developer events, and more.
- IBM newsgroups and forums: Online communities to share problems, ideas, news, views, and solutions with developers and other IBM product users.
When you run a search from the IBM Rational ® Support Web site, the search targets include IBM developerWorks, and IBM newsgroups and forums.
- To access product information centers:
- Go to the IBM Publications Center at http://www.ibm.com/shop/publications/order .
- Select a country/region/language. Click Go.
- Click Information Centers and Libraries.
- From the list of information centers and libraries, click your product name. The information center opens.
- To search the Rational knowledge base:
- Go to the IBM Rational Support Web site at http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support and in the Rational support task navigator, click Search.
- Select your product.
- Enter your search terms.
- Clear any document types to limit your search results.
- Specify the sort criteria for the search results.
- Click Search.
- From the search results, click a document link to open it.
What to do nextYou can also search knowledge bases using IBM Support Assistant. For more information about this tool, see Using IBM Support Assistant to search knowledge bases.
Troubleshooting process overview
IBM Support Assistant
Accessing release information
Use IBM Support Assistant to search knowledge bases