- Get the software
- Install on AIX
- Install on IBM i
- Install on Linux
- Install on Solaris
- Install on Windows
- Support multiple profiles
- Set up a portal farm
- Set up a Personalization server on WAS
- Uninstall WebSphere Portal
- Manage the WebSphere Portal environment
The IBM installation manager doesn't allow Portal 8.0 to install with WAS 8.5, it gives a error that portal 8.0 expects WAS 188.8.131.52 or later version. To get around this...
- Install Was 8.5 separately using Installation Manager
- Install Portal 8.0 using option existing Application server, pointing to WAS directory installed in step 1.
We can run ConfigEngine tasks from...
- A read-only ConfigEngine to manage multiple profiles from one location
- WP_PROFILE/ConfigEngine used in previous releases.
For example, to use the ConfigEngine read-only directory, run ConfigEngine in the ConfigEngine folder that is on the same level in the directory structure as the default wp_profile directory. We can substitute the path to the ConfigEngine read-only directory in any ConfigEngine task in the product documentation.