Create servers in coexistence or multiple instance environments
WAS lets you create multiple servers based on an existing template, or using an existing server as a template. You can generate unique ports for the new server during its creation. Always select the unique port option when creating servers in a coexistence environment of multiple versions, installations or configuration instances, due to the likelihood of conflicting port assignments. Verify port assignments for the newly created server and change them if necessary.
- Create a server (servername, for example) using either the administrative console or wsadmin scripts.
- Log on to the administrative console.
- Go to...Servers | Application Servers | servername | End Points
- Go into each end point and change the port numbers.
- Change the HTTP Transport ports.
- Go to...Servers | appservers | servername | Web Container | HTTP Transports.
- Change the HTTP transport port numbers.
- Make a record of the new port numbers.
- Add new port numbers in the Virtual Hosts configuration.
- Change the JMS server ports, if you create servers from an application server template that has the embedded messaging feature.
- Go to Servers > appservers > servername > Server Components > JMS Servers > Security Port Endpoint.
- Change the port numbers.
To continue, return to one of these topics...
See AlsoCreating appservers
Configuring virtual hosts