Create appserversYou can create a new appserver using the wsadmin.sh or the Create New Application Server page of the administrative console.
Note that For the Base WAS product, although you can use the administrative console to create a new server definition, you cannot use it to start, stop or, in any way, control or manage that server. The Base product administrative console can only be used to create server definitions and, if necessary, adjust the server definitions that it creates. To manage Base application servers, use the wasadmin tool or the command line tools such as startServer and stopServer.
For the Base WAS product, manage each application server from the console that is hosted by that appserver process.The steps below describe how to use the Create New Application Server page.
- Go to the Application Servers page and click New. This brings you to the Create New Application Server page.
- Follow the instructions on the Create New Application Server page and define your appserver.
- Select a node for the appserver.
- Type in a name for the appserver. The name must be unique within the node.
- Select whether the new server will have unique ports for each HTTP transport. By default, this option is enabled. If you select this option, you might need to update the alias list for the virtual host that you plan to use with this server to contain these new port values. If you deselect this option, ensure that the default port values do not conflict with other servers on the same physical machine.
- Select a template to be used in creating the new server. You can use a default application server template for your new server or use an existing appserver as a template. The new application server will inherit all properties of the template server.
- If you create the new server using an existing appserver as a model, select whether to map applications from the existing server to the new server. By default, this option is disabled.
- To use multiple language encoding support in the administrative console, configure an application server with UTF-8 encoding enabled.
The new appserver appears in the list of servers on the Application Servers page.
Note that the appserver created has many default values specified for it. An appserver has many properties that can be set and creating an appserver on the Create New Application Server page specifies values for only a few of the important properties. To view all of the properties of your appserver and to customize your application server further, click on the name of your appserver on the Application Servers page and change the settings for your appserver as needed.
See AlsoApplication servers
Deploying and managing using scripting