IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Add a problem manually
You might need to add a problem to the Problem Center manually, for example, if your monitoring software does not interface with ITCAM or if you discover a problem that does not have a trap associated with it. You can do this in the Problem Center using the Add Problem Manually button. As a result, you will be able to access the problem details after creating the problem.
To add a problem manually:
- From the top navigation, click...
Problem Determination > Problem Center > Add Problem Manually
- Select the group and server where the problem exists from the list boxes.
- Select the date from the list box and enter a time in the text box.
- Enter a name and description for the problem in the text box.
- Select the Category from the list box. The available categories are as follows:
- Unknown–The category could not be determined by the system.
- Application Performance–Under capacity, hanging or waiting incomplete transaction, CPU hogging, poor load balancing, slow completed transaction, slow JDBC call, slow, LDAP look-up, slow JMS call, and slow method call.
- Application Outage–Exception, incorrect output, intermittent outage, binaries discrepancies within a group/cluster, and properties discrepancies across a group/cluster.
- Resource Consumption–JDBC connection leak, JMS connection leak, heap usage, heap/object lead, excessive JVM CPU%, high garbage collection frequency, high garbage collection time, and fragmentation.
- Click OK to save as a problem. The problem displays in the list in the Problem Center with the status as new.
- Additional details on the problem are available when you select the Date/Time link for the problem.
Parent topic:Problem Center
View the details of a problem
Close a problem