Test Flex applications that are not enabled using Rational Functional Tester
Developers can enable the RuntimeLoading component for Flex applications and provide the application on a Web server for testing.
To test Flex applications :
- A developer must perform the following tasks:
- Set up the development environment.
- Configure the RuntimeLoading application.
- Deploy the RuntimeLoader files to a Web server. Typically deploy the files to the root directory so that this action is performed only once.
- Deploy the Flex application to a Web server.
- Provide the complete URL of the RuntimeLoading testing page to the testers.
- A tester must perform the following tasks:
- Set up the test environment.
- Open the RuntimeLoadingTest.html page in browser.
- Type the relative path of the Flex application to be tested as a query parameter to the HTML page.
- Use IBM Rational Functional Tester to test the application.
Testers can also deploy the necessary files such as RuntimeLoader and the .swf file to a Web server, provided that testers can access the server. Although developers might not be familiar with IBM Rational Functional Tester, the developer needs the RuntimeLoader source file and the IBM Rational Functional Tester agent (rft.swc) to enable and deploy the Flex application. Testers need to provide these files to the developer.
- Configure the non-enabled Flex application
You can configure the Flex applications that are not compiled using the Functional Tester agent and Flex automation libraries. You can configure the Runtime loader either manually or using the user interface.
- Deploy the Runtime loader components
You must deploy the Runtime loader components to test Flex applications that are not compiled using the IBM Rational Functional Tester agent and Flex automation framework libraries.
- Test nonenabled Flex applications
Testers can test a Flex application that is not enabled for functional testing and is deployed on a Web server.
Set up the development environment for Flex applications
Set up the test environment for testing Flex applications
Configure Flex applications
Configure Flex application using the user interface
Configure Flex application using tools
Create an HTML wrapper
Providing enabled Flex applications for testing
Test an enabled Flex application that is deployed on a Web server
Test enabled Flex applications on a local test computer
Configure the non-enabled Flex application
Deploy the Runtime loader components
Test nonenabled Flex applications
Flex custom control support