Test an enabled Flex application that is deployed on a Web server
Testers can test a Flex application that is enabled for IBM Rational Functional Tester and is deployed on a Web server.
The developer deploys the Flex application to be tested on a Web server and provides the URL to the testers. The testers can also deploy the files, provided that the testers can access the Web server and the application files.
To test a Web-based Flex application that is enabled for IBM Rational Functional Tester:
- Ensure that the application is added in the Application Configuration tool, enable the required JRE, and set your default Web browser.
- Obtain the enabled .swf file and HTML wrapper from the Web server.
- Open the HTML page in a browser.
- Start IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Start testing the HTML file that contains the embedded Flex application.
Flex applications testing process
Test Rational Functional Tester enabled Flex applications
Test Flex applications that are not enabled using Rational Functional Tester