Configure the non-enabled Flex application
You can configure the Flex applications that are not compiled using the Functional Tester agent and Flex automation libraries. You can configure the Runtime loader either manually or using the user interface.
Flex applications testing process
Test Rational Functional Tester enabled Flex applications
Test Flex applications that are not enabled using Rational Functional Tester
Configure Runtime loader manually
The developer must set up the development environment before enabling the Flex application for testing with IBM Rational Functional Tester.
About this taskThe following steps are for Flex 3.0 applications. Flex 2.0, Flex 3.2, Flex 3.3, Flex 3.4, Flex 3.5, and Flex 4.0 runtime loaders can be configured similar to Flex 3.0 by providing the appropriate SDK libraries and changing the output filenames accordingly. The runtime loader files that are enabled corresponding to the SDK under use, must be embedded in the html page.
To configure the Runtime Loader for Flex 3.0 applications, follow these steps:
- Compile the RuntimeLoader.mxml to swf file using the command: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.0\bin\mxmlc.exe" -include- libraries+="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.0 \frameworks\libs\automation.swc;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation_agent.swc;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation_dmv.swc;%IBM_RATIONAL_RFT_INSTALL_DIR%\rftFlex3.0.swc;%IBM_RATIONAL_RFT_INSTALL_DIR%\rftProp_Flex3.0.swc" - output="C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\Flex\RuntimeLoaderFlex30.swf" "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\Flex\RuntimeLoader.mxml".
- Open the RuntimeLoadingTestFlex30.html with notepad.
- Replace the movie source in the object and embed tags with RuntimeLoaderFlex30.swf.
Configure the Web application during runtime with the user interface
You can configure the Flex application during runtime using the user interface.
- Click Configure > Configure Applications for Testing.
- Click Add in the Application Configuration Tool window.
- Select Flex Application, and click Next.
- Select Configure Flex application setup in Flex application configuration type, and Click Next.
- Select Web Application as the type of Flex application.
- Select Runtime from the Enablement type list.
- Select the Flex version from the Flex SDKs list.
- Click Browse to select the SWF file of the application to be tested in the Application field.
- Click Finish.