Setting delays and sleep states for functional test script playback
You can insert a sleep command into your functional test script to delay the script for the amount of time you specify.
To insert a sleep code while recording or editing a script:
- If recording, click the Insert Script Support Commands button on the Recording Monitor toolbar.
- Position the pointer in the script where you want to insert the Sleep command.
- On the Functional Tester toolbar, click the Insert Recording into Active Functional Test Script button .
- On the Recording Monitor toolbar, click the Insert Script Support Commands button .
- In the Script Support Functions dialog box, click the Sleep tab.
- In the (seconds) field, enter the time in seconds you want to delay the Functional Tester script execution. You can use floating point numbers for the seconds; for example, sleep(0.1) waits for 1/10 of a second.
- Click Insert Code.
Functional Tester inserts the sleep(seconds) code at the cursor location in the script where seconds is the time you entered in the (seconds) field.
Calling a script from a functional test script
Insert a log message into a functional test script
Use timers with functional test scripts
Insert comments into a functional test script
Insert clipboard commands into a functional test script