Insert a log message into a functional test script
You can insert a log message into a functional test script and indicate whether it is a message, a warning, or an error. During playback, Functional Tester inserts this information into the log.
To insert a log message into a functional test script:
- If recording, click the Insert Script Support Commands button on the Recording Monitor toolbar.
- Position the pointer in the script where you want the log message.
- Click the Insert Recording into Active Functional Tester Script button on the Functional Tester toolbar.
- Click the Insert Script Support Commands button on the Recording Monitor toolbar.
- Click the Log Entry tab in the Script Support Functions dialog box.
- In the Message to write to the log field, enter the message text.
- In the Result section, select either Information, Warning, or Error.
- Click Insert Code.
Functional Tester inserts code in the script based on the option you selected in the Result section, where message is the text you entered:
- Click Close to remove the Script Support Functions dialog box from the screen.
Calling a script from a functional test script
Use timers with functional test scripts
Setting delays and sleep states for functional test script playback
Insert comments into a functional test script
Insert clipboard commands into a functional test script