Insert comments into a functional test script
During recording or editing, you can insert lines of comment text into a Functional Tester script. Comments are helpful for documenting and editing scripts.
To insert a comment into a script during recording or editing:
- If recording, click the Insert Script Support Commands button on the Recording Monitor toolbar.
- If editing:
- Position the pointer in the script where you want to insert the comment.
- On the Functional Tester toolbar, click the Insert Recording into Active Functional Test Script button .
- On the Recording Monitor toolbar, click the Insert Script Support Commands button .
- In the Script Support Functions dialog box, click the Comment tab.
- In the Comment to add to the script field, type the comment. Functional Tester does not automatically wrap the text. Put returns after each line.
- Click Insert Code.
Functional Tester inserts the text with the appropriate comment delimiter (//) preceding each line.
Calling a script from a functional test script
Insert a log message into a functional test script
Use timers with functional test scripts
Setting delays and sleep states for functional test script playback
Insert clipboard commands into a functional test script