Uninstall a cluster on AIX
If you have a complete and functional uninstallation program, we can uninstall IBM WebSphere Portal only or both WebSphere Portal and IBM WAS from the cluster.
- Prepare to uninstall a cluster on AIX
Uninstall WebSphere Portal using the uninstallation program
- Log on as the root user
- Stop the servers:
./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -username wpadmin -password foo
./stopServer.sh server1 -profileName cw_profile -username wpadmin -password foo
- Verify there are no other installations or uninstallations running.
- Uninstall WebSphere Portal and WAS:
Option Commands GUI Open the Installation Manager and then select Uninstall. Silent cd IM_HOME/tools
./imcl input /path/to/response.xml -log /path/to/log/files
- Remove any remaining WebSphere Portal directories from the directory structure.
- Restart the machine, especially if you intend to reinstall WebSphere Portal on the same machine.
- Review: Delete specific cluster members
- To delete the WebSphere Portal server, if it exists, from the dmgr, click...
Servers | Application Servers | Portal server (check box) | Delete
- Optional: After uninstalling WebSphere Portal and WAS, we can also delete Installation Manager...
Parent: Uninstall from a cluster on AIX
Previous: Prepare to uninstall a cluster on AIX