Delete specific cluster members
Use this task to remove a cluster member from an existing cluster. Removing a cluster member deletes the associated application server.
We must delete an application server to remove it from a cluster.
If, in the console, you select Include cluster members in the collection as one of the console page preferences for the Application servers page, we can use either the Application servers page or the Cluster members page to delete an application server.
To use the Cluster members page to remove an application server from a cluster:
- In the console, click Servers > Clusters > WebSphere application server clusters > .
- Click the name of the cluster containing the cluster member that you are removing from the cluster, and then click Cluster members.
- Check the status of the cluster member that you are removing. If the cluster member is started, select the cluster member, and click Stop, and then view the Status of this cluster member again, along with any messages or logs to make sure the cluster member stops. We cannot remove a cluster member while it is running.
- Delete the cluster member. Select the cluster member to delete, and click Delete.
- Click OK and then click Review to preview the changes.
- Select Synchronize changes with Nodes, and then click Save to save the changes.
ResultsThe cluster member is deleted.
Delete clusters Balancing workloads