Upgrading a V5.0 or V5.1 product to V5.2
Install Fix Pack 2 from the Support site for WebSphere Application Server, to upgrade V5.0 or V5.1 to V5.2. Upgrading to V5.2 also upgrades the service level of the embedded messaging feature to CSD04. This upgrade is important for migrating to Version 5.1, and also for coexisting with V5.2 and Version 5.1 instances. V5.0 and V5.1 cannot coexist with Version 5.0.2 and Version 5.1 when the embedded messaging feature is installed. Apply Fix Pack 2 to the Application Server, to upgrade the service level of the embedded messaging feature. Fix packs are available on the Support site for WebSphere Application Server. Download all of the ZIP files for Fix Pack 2 that you require. A separate ZIP file is available for the client and for each WAS product.
- Locate the download page for Fix Pack 2 on the Support site. See WAS v5.0 Fix Pack 2 (Version 5.0.2) at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=860&context=SW600&q=Fix+Pack+2&uid=swg24005012 for information about applying Fix Pack 2.
- Download the ZIP files for Fix Pack 2 to a read/write directory. Install from a read-only directory is not supported at this time. The directory must have no spaces in its name.
- Unzip the file into the directory.In addition to Fix Pack 2, the ZIP file also contains the update installer program, which you use to install the Fix Pack.
- Use the update installer to install Fix Pack 2.Use either the wizard interface, with the updateWizard command, or its silent, command-line interface, with the updateSilent command.
- Refer to the readme file for Fix Pack 2 to continue.The readme file is included in the ZIP file for the fix pack. There is also another readme file for update installer.
The download page for Fix Pack 2 at the Support site contains the most current version of the readme files, which you can download separately from the ZIP files for Fix Pack 2.
You can upgrade V5.0.0 or V5.0.1 to V5.0.2 by installing Fix Pack 2.
Return to Setting up Version 5 coexistence to continue.
See AlsoSetting up Version 5 coexistence