Install the 3.0.1 fix pack in silent mode
Silently install a fix pack to update Lotus® Connections 3.0 to IBM® Connections 3.0.1.
Before you begin
- Update your Lotus Connections 3.0 databases. For more information, see the Update 3.0 databases topic.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the 3.0.1 fix pack. See the Downloading fixes topic for more information.
- If you installed IBM Connections 3.0.1 as a root user, you cannot install this fix pack as a non-root user.
- Create a response file for this task by running a simulated modification. For more information, see the Create a response file topic.
Note: Instead of generating a new response file, you can edit the default response file that is provided with the fix pack. For more information, see the Editing the 3.0.1 response file topic.
- If an error occurs during installation, IBM Installation Manager cancels the installation and rolls back the installation files. Installation errors are usually caused by environment problems such as insufficient disk space, privilege issues, or corruption of a WebSphere® profile. If your installation is cancelled...
1. Identify and resolve the error that caused the cancellation. After cancelling the installation, IBM Installation Manager displays an error message with an error code. You can look up the error code in the Installation error messages topic or check the log files.
2. Start this task again.
- When you are installing the 3.0.1 fix pack, ensure that you use the response file in the 3.0.1 fix pack directory. There is another response file in the lotus_connections_root/silentResponseFile directory but that file is relevant only to an installation of version 3.0 and cannot be used to update to version 3.0.1.
About this task
A silent update uses a response file to automate the installation of the fix pack.
Note: To change the paths to the response file and log file, edit the generate_other_responsefile.sh|bat file.
(AIX and Linux) You must use the same operating system user account to install this fix pack that was used to install Lotus Connections 3.0. If that account is no longer available, recreate it with the same user name and password and use it to install the fix pack.
(Windows) You must use an operating system user account that is in the same Administrators group as the account that was used to install Lotus Connections 3.0.
To perform a silent update...
1. Stop all clusters in your deployment. Leave the dmgr and node agents running during the fix pack installation.
2. Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root directory.
3. Run the following command:
- AIX or Linux: ./IBMIM --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input <3.0.1_fixpack>/LC_update.rsp -log ./update.log
- Windows: IBMIMc.exe --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input <3.0.1_fixpack>\LC_update.rsp -log .\update.log
where <3.0.1_fixpack> is the full path to the 3.0.1 fix pack directory.
Note: If you stored the response file in a location that is different from the default location, change the path in the command to point to the file.
4. Copy the lotus_connections_root/news/news/news/news.config/news directory to the profile_root/Dmgr01/config/cells/
5. When the installation is complete, synchronize all the nodes and restart all the clusters.
Your IBM Connections deployment has been updated. To check the logs, go to the lotus_connections_root/logs directory and open the <application>Update.log file, where <application> is the name of an IBM Connections application. If you added new applications, check the @nowiki@10application>Install.log file as well.
What to do next
Complete any relevant post-update tasks. For more information, see the Post-update tasks topic.
Edit the 3.0.1 response file
Edit the default response file that is provided with the IBM Connections 3.0.1 fix pack.
Parent topicInstall the 3.0.1 fix pack
Install the 3.0.1 fix pack in interactive mode: ic301
Create a response file
Post-update tasks: ic301
Update 3.0 databases
February 2, 2012 12:39:05 PM
Feb 2, 2012 12:39:05 PM 12 Feb 1, 2012 8:57:26 AM Fixed link. 11 Feb 1, 2012 8:56:16 AM Fixed links. 10 Feb 1, 2012 8:52:26 AM Fixed links. 9 Feb 1, 2012 8:50:45 AM Added links. 8 Feb 1, 2012 8:24:59 AM Fixed link. 7 Feb 1, 2012 8:07:13 AM Updated the info about the user account to use when installing the fix... 7 Feb 1, 2012 8:07:13 AM Updated the info about the user account to use when installing the fix... 6 Jan 12, 2012 6:32:41 AM Extended note about the user account used to install the fix pack. 5 Nov 9, 2011 8:34:27 AM Added step to copy the news directory to the config directory. 4 Oct 28, 2011 8:47:28 AM Added related topics. 3 Oct 28, 2011 8:12:00 AM Added a note about updating databases to the "Before you begin" sectio... 2 Sep 7, 2011 10:13:34 AM Added note that install the fixpack as a root user if you ins... 1