IBM Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus SametimeBring a set of the powerful social networking applications of IBM Connections into the Sametime client.
The IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime is available in two forms:
- The plug-in for Sametime embedded in the Notes client is available as an option during the Notes client installation.
- The plugin for the stand-alone Sametime client is provided as an update site, available as a download from the Lotus Connection plug-in catalog.
The plug-in provides the following features:
- Activities – Use this application to save chats to activities, open activities from your Sametime window, or find activities that you share with a contact.
- Connections Business Card – Use this application to find out more about the people in your Sametime Contact list by viewing their business cards.
- Communities – Save chats to a community forum.
Note: This feature is only available in the standalone version of Sametime, not in the embedded version.
Install the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime
As the administrator, you can download the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime and host it in a location from which your users can access it to upgrade their own Sametime clients.
Add the IBM Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus Sametime to your client
Use the built-in upgrade facility of the Sametime client to install the features provided by the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime that your administrator has made available to you. If you do not have access to the plug-in, contact your site administrator.
IBM Connections Communities and Sametime Advanced Server Integration
The IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced Server can be configured to load Broadcast Communities from your IBM Connections Community server.
Remove the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime
Remove the plug-in using the standard Sametime feature removal tools.
Parent topicInstall plug-ins
Install the IBM Connections Business Card