Add the IBM Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus Sametime to your clientUse the built-in upgrade facility of the Sametime client to install the features provided by the IBM Connections Plug-in for Sametime that your administrator has made available to you. If you do not have access to the plug-in, contact your site administrator.
Before you beginYour Sametime client must be version 8.0 or later.
About this taskTo add the IBM Connections features to your Sametime client...
- From the Sametime client on which you want to implement the features, select Tools -> Plug-Ins -> Install Plug-ins from the menu.
- On the Install/Updates page, choose Search for new features to install, and then click Next.
- Select New Remote Site.
- Type a name, such as IBM Connections Plugin, in the Name field, and then type the web address provided by your administrator in the URL field.
- Click OK.
- In the Updates window, expand the site you selected, and then expand the IBM Connections folder.
- Select the check box next to IBM Connections if you want to install all plug-in features. If you want to only install certain features, select the check boxes for the components individually:
- Activities Sametime Feature – Use this feature to save chats to activities, open activities from your Sametime window, or find activities that you share with a contact.
Note: To display the Save chat to activities icon, enable the Allow user to save chat log option on the Sametime server.
- Connections Business Card – Use this feature to find out more about the people in your Sametime Contact list by viewing their business cards.
- Communities Sametime Feature - Use this feature to save chats to communities forums.
- Click each feature to read its license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next to open the installation page.
- Review the features to be installed, and then click Finish.
- After the client restarts, select File -> Preferences, and then click Connections.
- Fill out the fields in the Preferences page:
- User name – Type the user name you use to log into IBM Connections.
- Password – Type the password associated with the user name you use to log into IBM Connections.
- Server URL – Server URL - Type the web address for the Connections server provided by your administrator. For example: http://enterprise.acme.com .
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Parent topicIBM Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus Sametime