IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
WebSphere Agent workspace
This workspace displays product events that affect the ability of the WAS agent to collect data.
This workspace displays events occurring within the WAS agent and WebSphere application servers that are installed on the host computer. It also displays the status of the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent. The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Agent Events report, which displays information about agent-level events that affect the ability of the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent to collect data for the WebSphere application server. You can use this view to see exception and error messages, their IDs, and their severity.
The Agent Events report also shows the result of issuing a Take Action command. Place your cursor over a truncated message to display the text of the complete message
This report displays data reported by the WebSphere Agent Events attributes.
- Application Servers Summary report displays information about status of the WebSphere server.
This report displays data reported by the Application Server Status attributes.
Access the WebSphere Agent workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | ebSphere Agent
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the WebSphere Agent workspace
In the Tivoli Enterprise Portal access the WebSphere agent workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display or the Diagnostic In-flight Request Search link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the Applications Server Summary window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display or Diagnostic In-flight Request Search.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine during the session you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the relevant page in the Managing Server Visualization engine.
- If you click Diagnostic In-flight Request Search you see the In-Flight Request Search page in Managing Server Visualization Engine.
- If you click Diagnostic Server Activity Display you see the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization Engine.
- The information in both of these pages relates directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
- To return to the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time click back on your web browser.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications