IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
JMS Summary workspace
The JMS Summary workspace displays information about queues being used by your applications using the JMS interface.
The JMS Summary workspace also provides information about how WAS applications are using WebSphere MQ. It displays such information as the number of messages read and written and which queue managers and queues were used during the interval.
This workspace displays data provided by the JMS Summary attributes.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Worst JMS Send Times bar chart
Displays the longest times (in milliseconds) your application spent putting messages onto a queue during the interval
- Worst JMS Receive Times bar chart
Displays the longest times (in milliseconds) your application spent getting messages from a queue during the interval
- Worst JMS Browse Times bar chart
Displays the longest times (in milliseconds) your application spent browsing messages on a queue during the interval
- JMS Summary - Current Interval report, which displays detailed information about how the WAS uses messaging middleware (that is, WebSphere MQ) using JMS. Details include the send, receive, browse, and publish times for your application. It also includes such information as, which queue managers and queues are being used and how many messages are being read and written
Access the JMS Summary workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | JMS Summary
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the JMS Summary workspace
In The Tivoli Enterprise Portal access the JMS Summary workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the JMS Summary - Current interval window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine during a session, you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization engine. You can use this link to diagnose application problems, for example, slow transactions or high response times.
- In a z/OS environment, right click the link icon on a row where the ASID column displays Summary.
- Click Selected JMS - Servant Regions.
- In the Selected JMS - Servant Regions table, right click the link icon on a row.
- Click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- For more information about the options available in a z/OS environment, refer to Region workspaces in a z/OS environment and Access a Region workspace.
- The results in this page relate directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. For more information about using the Server Activity Display page, and additional features refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine.
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications