IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Enterprise Java Beans workspace
This workspace reports information about the each EJB defined for an EJB container.
The workspace provides information about these beans that relates to their identity, instrumentation level settings, creation and destruction of bean objects, response times, invocations, calls, and rates for retrievals, returns, and discards. This workspace displays data provided by the Enterprise Java Beans attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Worst Method Response Times bar chart, which shows the worst response times (in milliseconds) for methods invoked by each bean instance
- Highest Method Invocation Rates bar chart, which shows the methods that are invoked most often by each bean instance
- Enterprise Java Beans report
Shows performance information about each EJB deployed to the application server. This report displays information about bean activity, including the rates at which beans are being instantiated and destroyed
Access the Enterprise Java Beans workspace
You access this workspace from the EJB Containers workspace. To list the EJBs for all containers, use one of the following procedures:
Within the Navigator...
- From the primary Tivoli Enterprise Portal menu | View | Workspace | Enterprise Java Beans EJB Containers (right-click) Workspace | Enterprise Java Beans
To see the EJBs referenced by a specific EJB container, complete the following step:
- From the EJB Containers report, right-click the link icon to the left of any row; then, from the pop-up menu, click Enterprise Java Beans.
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications