IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
IBM Tivoli Monitoring components
IBM Tivoli Monitoring products are based on a set of common service components that provide...
- data transfer and storage
- notification mechanisms
- user interface presentation
- communication services
...in an agent-server-client architecture.
Some of these service components are shared by other products, including...
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE mainframe monitoring products
- ITCAM for Application Diagnostics
- ITCAM for Applications
The service components ITCAM for ADs and IBM Tivoli Monitoring share are:
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server
- Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent
The ITCAM for AD Monitoring Agents integrate with components in the IBM Tivoli Monitoring environment by retrieving data from the monitoring agents and forwarding it to the Portal Server where it is displayed in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server (TEMS)
- Acts as a collection and control point for alerts that are received from the monitoring agents.
- Tracks the heartbeat request interval for all Monitoring Agents connected to it.
- Stores, initiates, and tracks all situations and policies, and is the central repository for storing all active conditions on every Monitoring Agent.
- Initiates and tracks all generated actions that invoke a script or program on the monitoring agent.
Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server
- Acts as a repository for all graphical presentations of monitoring data.
- Provides the core presentation layer, which allows for the retrieval, manipulation, analysis, and reformatting of data.
- Manages data access through user workspace consoles.
Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Java-based user interface that connects to the monitoring server and displays monitoring data.
- Launched from Internet Explorer browser
- Installed as a client application on a workstation
Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent
Responsible for data gathering. Communicate monitoring data to the monitoring server and the managing server. In ITCAM for ADs, the WebSphere, J2EE, and HTTP agents contain Monitoring Agents.
Parent topic:Components used by the Tivoli Enterprise Portal user interface