IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
EJB Containers workspace
Aggregated information about each defined EJB.
Aggregated bean performance data for all Enterprise beans deployed to an EJB container. It also displays aggregated information for the application server that aggregates bean performance data for all Enterprise beans deployed on the application server. This workspace displays data provided by the EJB Containers attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on-demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Method Average Response Time - History graph, which shows the average response time for methods invoked by the EJBs in the container
- Method Invocation Rate - History graph, which shows the rate at which an EJB container's methods were invoked
- EJB Containers report, which displays aggregated information for each defined EJB container that aggregates bean performance data for all Enterprise beans deployed to that container. The report also displays aggregated information for the application server that aggregates bean performance data for all Enterprise beans deployed to the application server. For example, this report displays load values, response times, and lifecycle activities for Enterprise beans
Access the EJB Containers workspace
To access this workspace:
Within the Navigator...
Systems | node | WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | EJB Containers
Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the EJB Containers workspace
In The Tivoli Enterprise Portal access the EJB Containers workspace. You can use the Diagnostic Server Activity Display link to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine. For information about access requirements see Prerequisites for access.
- In the EJB Containers window, right click the choose link icon then click Diagnostic Server Activity Display.
- If this is your first time to access the Managing Server Visualization Engine during a session, you see a Welcome to the Application Monitor page.
- Depending on the user setup configuration in your environment you may or may not have to type your Managing Server Visualization Engine User Name and Password. If you do, you only need to log in using your User Name and Password once per session.
- Click OK to display the Server Activity Display page in the Managing Server Visualization engine. You can use link to diagnose application problems, for example, slow transactions or high response times.
- The results relate directly to the context from where you launched the link in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. For more information about using the Server Activity Display page and additional features, refer to the Composite Application Manager help within the Managing Server Visualization Engine Interface.
- To return to the previous workspace in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface at any time choose from the following options:
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal desktop client, click the back arrow on your web browser.
- from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client, click the browser back arrow.
- Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine
- Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications