IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
In this workspace, you can view performance data and counters for the destinations of a selected messaging engine.
A destination is a virtual location within a service integration bus, to which applications attach as producers, consumers, or both, to exchange messages. There are two types of destinations, queues and topic spaces. WAS 5.1 based products do not support this workspace. This workspace displays data provided by both the Topic Spaces attributes and the Queue attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains:
- Queue report, which displays information about the queue data. A queue is a destination for point-to-point messaging
- Topic Spaces report, which displays information about the topic space data. A topic space is a destination for publish/subscribe messaging
Access the Destinations workspace
To access this workspace from the Messaging Engines workspace, complete one of the following steps:
- From the Messaging Engines report, right-click the link icon to the left of any row; then, from the pop-up menu, click Destinations.
- From Average Local Wait Time - History graph, Expired Messages - History graph, Incomplete Topic Publications - History graph, or Total Published - History graph, right-click any bar; then, from the pop-up menu, click Link To > Destinations.
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications