IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Messaging Engines workspace
In this workspace, you can view of performance counters of the Messaging Engines supported by a server. WAS 5.1 based products do not support this workspace.
This workspace displays data provided by the Messaging Engines attributes.
- This workspace reports zeros for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Average Local Wait Time - History graph, which shows the historical time spent by messages on this durable subscription on consumption
- Expired Messages - History graph, which shows the number of report-enabled messages that expired while on this queue
- Incomplete Topic Publications - History graph, which shows the number of publications not yet received by all historical subscribers.
- Total Published - History graph, which shows the historical number of publications to the message engines
- Messaging Engines report, which displays the aggregated information about each messaging engine. A messaging engine is a server component that provides the core messaging functionality of a service integration bus. A messaging engine manages bus resources and provides a connection point for applications
Access the Messaging Engines workspace
To access this workspace:
- Within the Navigator...
System | node | WebSphere agents | WebSphere application server | Platform Messaging
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications