IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Container Transactions workspace
This workspace displays data about the activities and transactions running in each application server.
This workspace displays data provided by the Container Transactions attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Transaction Rates - History graph, which shows the per-second begin, commit, and rollback rates over time for local and global transactions
- Transaction Durations - History graph, which shows the amount of time it takes to complete local and global transactions
- Container Transactions report, which displays performance information for global and local transactions that run in each defined EJB container and an aggregated value for all transactions that run in the application server
Access the Container Transactions workspace
To access this workspace from the EJB Containers workspace, use one of the following procedures:
- From the primary Tivoli Enterprise Portal menu | View | Workspace | Container Transactions
EJB Containers (right-click) | Workspace | Container Transactions
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications