Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > Manage the partitioning facility environment
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
General cluster and WPF management considerations
This section covers general management concerns to be aware of, command line utilities to manage the partitioning facility infrastructure, and more specialized information such as default highly available (HA) group properties partitions have and how extra ones created can ease the management of the partitioning facility's (WPF) partitionedJava™ Platform, Enterprise Edition application.
- Scalability considerations
- Conservative partition design
- Physical machines CPU and paging utilization
- Application thread pools
- Control node and application server in the cluster
- Schedule the operating system to use shorter times
- Mixing application types
- SMP machines preferred in partitioned implementations
- On demand LPAR resource advantages
- Busy partitions
Parent topic:Manage the partitioning facility environment
Manage the partitioning facility environment