IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > Develop IBM Worklight applications > Transport Worklight applications to test and production environments > Deploy a customization .war file to an application server
Deploy a customization .war file to WAS full profile
Install the .war file into WebSphere Application Server, configure the class loader policies, and start the application.
You have built a project, and the customization .war file is in the bin directory of the project. You have created a stand-alone profile with an application server named Worklight and the server is using the default ports.
Deploy customization .war file to WAS
- Log on to the WAS administration console for your IBM Worklight server...
- Install the Worklight customization .war file:
Applications | New | New Enterprise Application | projectName.war | Next
- On the "How do you want to install the application?" page, select Detailed and click Next.
- On the "Application Security Warnings" page, click Continue.
- Click until you reach Step 4 of the wizard, Map Shared Libraries.
projectName_war | Reference shared libraries | Worklight Platform Library | > button | OK
- Click Next until you reach the "Map context roots for web modules" page.
- In the Context Root field, type...
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Optional: As an alternative to step 2, you can map the shared libraries as follows:
Applications | Application Types | WebSphere enterprise applications | projectName_war | Shared library references | projectName_war | Reference shared libraries | Worklight Platform Library | > button | OK
- Click the Save link
- Configure the class loader policies and then start the application:
Applications | WebSphere Enterprise Applications | projectName_war | Class loading and update detection |Classes loaded with local class loader first (parent last)
- Click OK.
- In the Modules section, click...
Manage Modules | Worklight module | Classes loaded with local class loader first (parent last)
- Click OK twice.
- Click Save
- Select the Select check box for projectName_war and click Start.
You can now access IBM Worklight Console at...
Parent Deploy a customization .war file to an application server