IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > Develop IBM Worklight applications > Data synchronization with JSONStore
Develop an app that uses data synchronization
Use the data management and synchronization feature to store data securely on a mobile device.
- In Worklight Studio, create an application.
Project name (right-click) | New | Worklight Hybrid Application
Complete the fields in this window appropriately and click Finish. A standard application structure is created.
- Create and deploy an adapter.
project name (right-click) | New | Worklight Adapter
Select the appropriate adapter type, enter an adapter name, and select the check box...
JSON Data available offline
- Deploy the adapter.
- Retrieve a JSON object with the adapter:
adapter name (right-click) | Run As | Invoke Worklight Procedure
The Edit Configuration Window is displayed
- Select the procedure used for retrieving JSON data and click Run.
The JSON object that is returned by the procedure is displayed.
- Create a local JSON store:
- In Worklight Studio, click...
File | New | Worklight JSON Store
...and select the project and app names.
The Create JSON Collection wizard starts.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to invoke the adapter, name the collection, and specify the searchable fields.
- To encrypt collections, select the check box...
- Review the collection_nameCollection.js file and include its content manually in the application's .js file.
Parent Data synchronization with JSONStore