Administer > Overview of administering a WebSphere Commerce site > Organization Administration Console > Organizations > Create an organization
Define a seller organization
Typically, the seller organization is the organization that owns one or more stores on a WebSphere Commerce site. The seller organization can also have sub-organizations, or divisions, which, in turn, can have one or more stores. For example, if you have a store that sells fashion merchandise, it might have a women's division and a men's division, each with separate, online stores.
- Create a Seller an organization. When you create a new organization, we will create a profile for that organization, which includes the organization's name, description, address, and contact person, as well as the organization type.
- Open the Organization Administration Console using a Seller Administrator ID.
Access Management | Find Organizations | Find
A list of organizations and organizational units for the site displays.
- From the list, click New to add a new organization or organizational unit to the site.
You cannot create an organization under an organization that is of type "authorization domain".
- The New Organization dialog launches, displaying the Details page first. Provide appropriate information for the fields and click OK to save.
- Once you have created an organization or organizational unit, you can select approval types and roles for the organization or organizational unit,...
- To select approval types for the organization or organizational unit:
- From the list of organizations for the site, select the check box next to the organization that to work with and click Approvals. The Select Approve Types dialog opens.
- From the Approval types list, select the types of approval required for the organization, and click Add.
- Click OK to define the approval types for the organization.
- To select roles for the organization or organizational unit:
- From the list of organizations for the site, select the check box next to the organization that to work with and click Roles. The Select Roles dialog opens.
- Select roles for the organization...
- To assign a single role, from the Available roles list, select the role that to assign to the organization and click Add. The role moves from the Available roles list to the Selected roles list. Repeat this step for all the roles to assign to the organization.
- To assign all roles in the Available roles list, click Add All. The roles move from the Available roles list to the Selected roles list.
- If you make an error or want to remove a role, from the Selected roles list, select the role that to remove and click Remove. The role moves from the Selected roles list to the Available roles list. Repeat this step for all the roles to remove from the organization.
- To remove all roles in the Selected roles list, click Remove All. The roles move from the Selected roles list to the Available roles list.
- Click OK to define user roles for the organization.
It is not recommended that you delete an organization. Deleting an organization will invalidate all things owned by that organization. For more information about what will be deleted, see the MEMBER database table.
- Optional: Select approval types for the organization
Define which tasks within the Seller organization require approval, such as order processing or user registration.
- Assign roles to the organization
An organization can only take on roles that have been assigned to its parent organization. Since Root Organization is an ancestor of all other organizations, it must be assigned all possible roles. Since you are creating a seller organization, typical roles that you might assign include Seller Administrator, Seller, and so on.
- Create users
Like organizations, we will create a profile for each user that includes the user's name, contact information, and the role assigned to that user. When assigning roles, we will select them from the list of roles you assigned to the organization in the previous step.
- Assign roles to users.
- Optional: Create member groups.
- Optional: Assign users to member groups.
Define buyer organizations