Administer > Overview of administering a WebSphere Commerce site > Organization Administration Console > Organizations > Create an organization
Define buyer organizations
If you are running a business-to-business site, there can be one or more buyer organizations belonging to the site. After you have established which businesses will participate in a buying relationship with the site, we will have to create a buyer organization for each business. You can have as many buyer organizations as you need.
- Create a new organization and define approvable tasks if needed.
Defining approvable tasks is only required for business-to-business sites.
- Open the Organization Administration Console using a Seller Administrator ID.
Access Management | Find Organizations | Find
A list of organizations and organizational units for the site displays.
- From the list, click New to add a new organization or organizational unit to the site.
You cannot create an organization under an organization that is of type "authorization domain".
- The New Organization dialog launches, displaying the Details page first. Provide appropriate information for the fields and click OK to save.
- Once you have created an organization or organizational unit, you can select approval types and roles for the organization or organizational unit,...
- To select approval types for the organization or organizational unit:
- From the list of organizations for the site, select the check box next to the organization that to work with and click Approvals. The Select Approve Types dialog opens.
- From the Approval types list, select the types of approval required for the organization, and click Add.
- Click OK to define the approval types for the organization.
- To select roles for the organization or organizational unit:
- From the list of organizations for the site, select the check box next to the organization that to work with and click Roles. The Select Roles dialog opens.
- Select roles for the organization...
- To assign a single role, from the Available roles list, select the role that to assign to the organization and click Add.
The role moves from the Available roles list to the Selected roles list. Repeat this step for all the roles to assign to the organization.
- To assign all roles in the Available roles list, click Add All.
The roles move from the Available roles list to the Selected roles list.
- If you make an error or want to remove a role, from the Selected roles list, select the role that to remove and click Remove.
The role moves from the Selected roles list to the Available roles list. Repeat this step for all the roles to remove from the organization.
- To remove all roles in the Selected roles list, click Remove All.
The roles move from the Selected roles list to the Available roles list.
- Click OK to define user roles for the organization.
It is not recommended that you delete an organization. Deleting an organization will invalidate all things owned by that organization. For more information about what will be deleted, see the MEMBER database table.
- Assign roles to the new buyer organization.
Since you are now creating a buyer organization, typical roles that you might assign include Buyer Administrator, Buyer (buy-side), Buyer Approver, and so on.
- Create users and assign them roles.
When assigning roles, we will select them from the list of roles you assigned to the buyer organization in the previous step.
- Repeat the entire procedure for each buyer organization to add to the site.
Define a seller organization