Use the wsadmin scripting objects
The wsadmin tool utilizes a set of management objects which allow you to execute commands and command parameters to configure the environment. Use the AdminConfig, AdminControl, AdminApp, AdminTask, and Help objects to perform admin tasks.
Each of the management objects have commands that we can use to perform admin tasks. To use the scripting objects, specify the scripting object, a command, and command parameters. In the following example, AdminConfig is the scripting object, attributes is the command, and ApplicationServer is the command parameter.
Using Jacl:$AdminConfig attributes ApplicationServer
Administrative functions within the appserver are divided into two categories:
- functions that work with the configuration of appserver installations
- functions that work with the currently running objects on appserver installations
Scripts work with both categories of objects. For example, an appserver is divided into two distinct entities. One entity represents the configuration of the server residings persistently in a repository on permanent storage.
- Use AdminConfig, AdminTask object, and AdminApp object to handle configuration functionality.
Use these objects to create, query, change, or remove this configuration without starting an appserver process. To use the AdminTask object, be connected to a running server.
- Use AdminControl to manage running objects on appserver installations.
You can interrogate and change objects, and invoke operations against a running appserver. These actions do not have an effect on the persistent configuration of the server. The configuration can include many attributes that we cannot query or set from the running object. The appserver scripting support provides functions to locate configuration objects and running objects. The objects in the configuration do not always represent objects that are currently running.
- Use the Help Object to obtain information about the AdminConfig, AdminApp, AdminControl, and AdminTask objects, to obtain interface information about running MBeans, and to obtain help for warnings and error messages.
Help object for scripted administration
Use AdminApp for scripted administration
Use AdminControl for scripted administration
Use the AdminConfig object for scripted administration
Use AdminTask for scripted administration
Related tasksStart wsadmin