Secure communications using wsadmin
The appserver provides several methods to secure communication between a server and a client. Use this topic to configure SSL, keystores, certificate authorities, key sets and groups, and certificates.
- Set secure communications using SSL. Use the SSLConfigCommands, SSLConfigGroupCommands, DynamicSSLConfigSelections and SSLTransport command groups for AdminTask, and complete the following tasks to create and administer SSL configurations:
- Create an SSL configuration at the node scope using scripting.
- Automate SSL configurations using scripting.
- Create a keystore configuration. Use the KeyStoreCommands command group for AdminTask, and complete the following tasks to create and administer keystore configurations.
- Create a certificate authority (CA) client configuration.
A CA client object contains all of the configuration information necessary to connect to a third-party CA server. Use the CAClientCommands command group for AdminTask, and complete the following tasks to create and administer CA client objects in the configuration:
- Administer certificate configurations. Use the CertificateRequestCommands, PersonalCertificateCommands, and SignerCertificateCommands command groups for AdminTask, and complete the following tasks to administer personal certificates, CA certificates, and self-signed certificates:
- Create key sets and key groups.
Use the KeySetCommands, KeySetGroupCommands, and KeyReferenceCommands command groups for AdminTask to create and administer key set and group configurations.
Create an SSL configuration at the node scope using scripting
Automating SSL configurations using scripting
Updating default key store passwords using scripting
Set certificate authority client objects using wsadmin
Administer certificate authority clients using wsadmin
Set a certificate authority certificate as the default certificate using wsadmin
Create certificate authority (CA) personal certificates using wsadmin
Revoking certificate authority personal certificates using wsadmin
Create self-signed certificates using scripting
SSLConfigGroupCommands group for AdminTask
CertificateRequestCommands command group of AdminTask